Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Cubs enter the computer age.

The Cubs have teamed up with Bloomberg Sports to develop a new analysis program which the team can use for player evaluation.  This is probably something that is along the same lines as the "Carmine" program that Theo helped develop when he was GM for the Red Sox.

Bloomberg Sports, according to their website, creates tools for fantasy sports owners and does work with 19 other MLB teams (of which probably didn't include the Cubs before now).

I don't know what to say about this other than "cool!"

I'm guessing the Cubs will be retiring Jim Hendry's old computer, seen here.
So to the Cubs, I say, "Welcome to the 1990's!"



And to Bloomberg Sports...hey, if you need a good, smart, software engineer to help you develop this (or anything else), please contact me!  No...seriously...contact me!