Friday, December 17, 2010

2010 Season Ticket Holder gift

Every year the Cubs send their season ticket holders a gift in December. For many years it was a Cubs calender, which was nice because I seem to always for get to buy a calender for the upcoming year. Last year, the Rickettses first as owner, they broke with this trend sent a baseball cap with "Season Ticket Holder" embroidered on the back of it.

I received my 2010 Holiday gift in the mail yesterday:


If you can't figure it out, it is a license plate holder with, again "Season Ticket Holder" labeled on the top.

I'm not sure what the idea here is, but the last two years the Cubs have given gifts, that if used, could be construed as "showing off" the fact that someone am in fact a season ticket holder like they're some special person and "Na-na-na-na boo-boo!! I have season tickets and you don't!!!"

I kinda miss the calenders.