Friday, October 29, 2010

Girardi was never going to come.

I warned people.

It wasn’t going to happen.

The possibility of it happening never even existed.

It was a figment of many people’s imagination.

Girardi never had any intention of coming to the Cubs.

via ESPN:
"Joe told Cashman back in August that he had no interest in the Cubs job," the source said. "He had too many good things going in New York to be interested in that."

I said it months ago…but I’ll admit, even I questioned myself for a short time. I started to be swayed by some of the hype.

But in the end, logic, not hope, was the right analysis.

Is this pathetic attribute of hope so ingrained into our minds that we can’t help ourselves but to think outside the simple logic placed in front of us? Do we actually make up arguments that feed our hope?

Well, anyway, for those of you who were upset that the Cubs didn’t hold out for Girardi…get over it. In the end, Quade was the only person that was ever going to get the job. Simple as that.