Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Um...wait, the Brewers beat us now?



I was out until about the 5th inning looking at homes last night...

It was 0-0...pretty good game going on.

Why I stayed up to watch the rest of it?  I don't know.  I should  have known that it wasn't going to end well.  I just never imagined that Carlos Marmol would be the one to blow it for the Cubs last night.

Booooooo!!

So now we can't even beat the Brewers.

On the positive side, Ted Lilly is back to being Ted Lilly again.

After this week, if the Cubs don't appear to have turned this thing around, then it will be time to blow the team up.  But I'm waiting until the White Sox series is over.

On a more 'blah' note...

Stephen Strasburg demolished yet another AAA team last night by beating the Pirates and striking out 14 batters (including the last 7 guys he faced) over 7 innings.  He hit 101 on the radar gun at one point.  I'll just say this, he's legit.  It's just a matter of not breaking him at this point.

So, I really don't have much more to say today outside of I plan on watching the Blackhawks tonight.  I don't think I really have any reason to see Carlos Zambrano get torched tonight.

Go Hawks!!!!