Monday, April 19, 2010

What's going to happen when we start playing a good team?

The Cubs lost their third game in a row tonight.

The third loss in a row against teams that are some of the worst in the National League.

I'm not sure what to say.

Randy Wells pitched very well again tonight.  Then the bullpen was called in to keep the game tied for the offense.  Well, needless today, our bullpen sucks.  And they continued to suck tonight.

Russell gave up his first major league runs.  Samardzija couldn't retire a batter and Sean Marshall even gave up a run for the second straight game.

The offense was dormant again tonight...the Cubs need to reconfigure there lineup against left handers, because right now they aren't getting the job done against southpaws.

Final score? I don't know...6-1...something like that anyway.

Bright spots?

Marlon Byrd actually led off today, and got on 3 times.  Soriano had a couple of hits (including a double that should have been a triple...loafing it around the bases).  Soto walked twice.  Um...that's about it.  Justin Berg had a 1-2-3 inning in the 8th.

Tomorrow's another day.  Hopefully it will be different than today. But the 4 losses in the last 5 days have been a broken record.  I feel like posting a flaming blog about this team right now...but I don't think I can think straight enough to be reasonable right now.

I don't know...maybe it is because I'm so closely analyzing this team this season because of this blog and because of that I have become delusional about how good they actually where.  Maybe this is just an early swoon.  But I really thought this team would be a lot better this year.  Over the last 5 days, this team has played like one of the worst teams in baseball.

Ugh!