Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Concerts at Wrigley...the same old thing, all over again.

As reported by the Sun-Times today:

Wrigley Field will be the host to 3 concerts this summer.

Billy Joel and Elton John will return on July 7th. I went to the first of their two shows last year, and it was great. My wife, a couple friends and I all had a blast.

Dave Matthews Band, who loves to dump shit on boats sailing in the Chicago River, will be making a return to Wrigley for 2 dates in September. They played at Wrigley in 2007.

While I think both acts are outstanding...I kinda wished they would find something different to perform at the old stadium...you know, like a reunited Styx or something.

Oh well.

The Cubs actually removed a night game from their schedule last year as a compromise with the neighborhood over allowing the three nights of concerts (with Rascal Flats doing the third show). This year Alderman Tom Tunney is introducing legislation allowing for an exemption for the Cubs to hold these events without any night game penalty. (Funny, as I recall, this was the same guy that was against the concerts in previous years.)

It will be a good time...the turf shouldn't be torn up too bad...and the Cubs make money off of it. Win!

Now I need to decide if I will purchase any tickets this year.