Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hop into my time machine...Hendry selecting his new manager.

October 15th, 2010

Tom Ricketts office…

Jim Hendry walks in.

Hendry: “Well, Tom, we narrowed down our list of candidates, you’ve interviewed them all and it is now time to make a decision on who our next manager is going to be.”

Tom: “Well, Jim, yes it is time. And that’s Mr. Ricketts to you.”

Hendry: “So, Mr. Ricketts, you have anything to add to this before I tell you who I have selected?”

Tom: “Ok…just to review, I’ve interviewed Quade, Ryno, Listach, Valentine, Gonzalez, Brenly, and Wedge… all these candidates seem great and will probably do a great job as manager. So the decision, then, is yours, Jim.”

Hendry: “Great, well, then here is who I have selected…”

Tom: “OOOHH!!! This is exciting!”

Hendry: “Fredi Gonzalez.”

Tom: “Um…ok any of those candidates except him. Try again.”

Hendry: “Oh…crap…really?  Ok, well, then I select Mike Quade.”

Tom: “Or him.”

Hendry: “What the hell? Surely, you can’t be serious.”

Tom: “I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley…it’s Mr. Ricketts to you.”

Hendry: “Erik Wedge?”

Tom: “Wrong”

Hendry: “Listach, Valentine, Brenly””

Tom: “Nope, nope, and nope…anyone else on our short list but them.”

Hendry: “Sandberg.”

Tom: “Really? You think Ryno is the best choice to manage the team? Wow! I would never have thought that. Good call, Jim. Go have yourself a cheeseburger.”

Hendry: “Thanks, Mr. Ricketts.”

Don't worry, Tom Ricketts won't have any say in this process, my friends.