Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Concludes...ramblings



While the weather outside is only starting to feel like spring (and how wonderful that has been)...

Spring training conclude today against the D-Backs...

And for the most part, it has been a relatively productive spring for the Cubs.  Outside of the inevitable injury to Angel Guzman (and Jeff Gray, if you even want to consider that important), the Cubs are as healthy as they could have ever expected coming as the closed up HoHoKam on Thursday.

The final game comes against the D-Backs today.  With an off day tomorrow before the season opens on Monday in Atlanta.

I've been pretty bored out of my mind with spring training games over the last week or so.  Nothing left to play for.

The only thing that has kept me from going stir crazy is coming up with somewhat creative things to write here...some better than others.

I have a number of posts that I wanted to publish this spring, but never had time to finish them.  So I'll have to wait until off days during the season to finish them.

Don't expect to hear from me today...and tomorrow I'll preview the series against the Braves.  Intend to post previews for every series, and have some form of game summary after as many games as I can.  It will be a little difficult to post summaries for games I attend as I have a three hour drive to get home from the ballpark, but I'll give it a try and see how it turns out.

The Ricketts family has launched a campaign this year called "Year 1"...well this is year 1 for CubbieDoc.com as well and I'm still feeling out where this blog actually fits in the blogosphere. 

Anyway, my Rothschild and Jaramillo posts will have to wait a little longer, but we won't have to wait much longer for real baseball to start.

It's exciting.