Friday, April 16, 2010

I love global warming

This is the warmest April I can ever remember.

In fact, I think we would be hard pressed to find a year where the opening series at Wrigley has had such nice weather.  The ivy is even starting to bud!  I've never seen that before May!

Yes, the ivy is indeed starting to bud! (from Wednesday's game)

I'm not here to debate whether or not global warming is happening.  I believe it is...and I'm just fine with that.  You can believe whatever you want. 

***************

I hate winter.  The fact that baseball isn't played during that time of the year just adds to the fact that I hate the cold weather and that I hate snow.

So when I hear about the affects of global warming...I get all excited.  Most studies that I have seen show that Wisconsin and Chicago would have more mild winters and more humid summers.  I can live with that.

So go out an let your SUV run idle all night.  Add as much carbon dioxide to the atmosphere as you can.  Take your hybrid vehicle and burn it!  The affects on the rest of the world?  Blah!  If New York is sunk into the ocean, I don't think I'd mind.  Besides, as humans, we've always found ways to adapt. 

This April has been great...let's make them all like this from now on!