Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fantasy baseball...what have you done to me?

I discovered something really disturbing last night.

Let me preface this by saying that this is the first season that I have ever done fantasy baseball. (It's the first season I've done a blog as well...but...)

I'm still learning how to do this fantasy baseball thing. Understanding what stats are important, what players provide better return, when to sit players, when to play them...all of these things take some time and experience to understand to better perform at fantasy baseball.

I made it a point this year not to draft any Cubs players. I just didn't want to compound my disappointment of a faltering Cubs season with the disappointment of having the Cubs players not play well for my fantasy team as well.

My first 2 weeks of fantasy baseball have not gone all that well. I've gotten destroyed by my opponents to this point.

My opponent this week has 3 Cubs players on his team....Geovany Soto, Derrek Lee and Randy Wells.

Last night in the middle of the Cubs game, I went to look up how my fantasy team was doing. As I was looking over the stats, I noticed that Derrek Lee was coming up to bat against the Mets with runners in scoring position.

And I cheered against him.

I'm so ashamed. What the hell has happened to me? I'm so sorry. I can't believe I did that.

I obviously have a lot more to learn about dealing with my baseball fandom and my fantasy baseball team.